柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Monday, July 26, 2010

Anxiously Engaged in a Good Cause

My wonderful Family,
I love you all very much and I am so happy to hear about your week. There are two families in the branch with babies and whenever I see them I think of little baby david :) I imagine how cute he is and it always brings joy to my heart. I love this work and this opportunity to serve.
So something exciting happened this week :)... Jing Hao WAS BAPTIZED :D. I was also privileged to baptize him and don't worry I took pictures. The first baptism I attended here I forgot my camera and that was a big mistake that I never wanted to make again. So I made sure I had my camera for Jing Hao's baptism. It was great. We were able to have everything set up and ready about ten minutes before. Everything flowed wonderfully and Jing Hao's mother was able to witness the whole thing. She is a great woman. Unfortunately she doesn't speak a lot of Mandarin she speaks more Korean. But she understands everything. It was great to see her there :D I am sure she will be a good strength to Jing Hao for the future and helping him endure to the end.
Justin is also doing great. When we met with him on Friday he asked us what the soonest date was for him to be baptized. We weren't sure what to tell him but we will meet with him tonight and set a date for next week Sunday August 1st. That is what we will shoot for and do our best to get everything ready especially preparing Justin. He is so great and actively chooses to learn more. I am so excited for him and when he came to Jing Hao's baptism he told us he felt really good and liked the whole thing. We are only worried for the future with him because he will be going back to Boston soon and he likes talking about this gospel in mandarin. There are no mandarin branches in Boston that we can find and so we hope and pray that he will be able to keep going. Just keep praying for the plan the Lord has for Justin to flow perfectly :).
I am so happy to hear that you were able to meet Elder Edwards :). He said he would look for Tanner when he left but I don't think he was expecting to find the whole fam ;) haha. I am sure he is doing a great job as well.
I know this gospel is true and I ask that you will pray for me and the elders around the world to be able to fully comprehend the urgency of this work more deeply and use full dilligence in fulfilling the calling we have. The time that we have is so preciously short and the only way to stay out of trouble is to keep ourselves in the right. We need to use all of our time and not let a second pass away in which we have not planned, served, or shown our love for our fellow man. Make sure you are "anxiously engaged in a good cause" instead of anxiously engaged in not doing good. (D&C) I love this work and I know that Jesus Chist lives. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen