柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Monday, February 6, 2012

How to Trust in the Lord

Hello my incredible family,
Wow! What a week and what a day yesterday! I think if there was anything that could have happened wrong it did and I am grateful for it. Why? As I was talking with Elder Thackeray yesterday on our long drive back from San Jose I knew that there was something I needed to learn. I think the biggest thing I have learned is how to trust in the Lord.

We were asked to give the lesson in priesthood on Sunday and it was about President Monsons talk entitled, "Stand in Holy Places". As I studied a scripture came to mind, in 1 Nephi 2:20 we read, "And inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper, and shall be led to a land of promise..." President Monson shares ways in which his experiences have proven this promise to be true. He prayed to still have his dollar bill and because of his following the commandment of prayer it was granted. He was inspired to call upon Peter Mourik to bear his testimony and because President Monson followed this inspiration and kept the commandment of God, he and the people were all blessed.

I know that there have been trials, but I know that as I maintain faith in the Lord and follow His commandments I will be able to "stand still and see the salvation of God." I have been praying and fasting over the past couple of days and my thoughts have turned from finding the passport to allowing the will of God to prevail. As the will of God goes forward I know that I will be able to learn what I need to learn and become what I need to become. I know the gospel is true. Heavenly Father is deeply involved in our lives and I know that His plan is a plan of happiness. Let us all be happy! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen