柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Power Prayer Can Have


Hello my Great Family,

This week has been wonderful. I was able to go to the temple twice since I last wrote and loved both experiences. I have learned a lot about the language and am striving to use it as much as I can. I love this gospel as well.
There have been a large amount of talks recently about always striving to teach for the investigator and not looking at how well we, the missionaries, taught. When we teach the lives of the investigator should be pulled into the teachings and see how the gospel applies to each area of their lives. I have learned a lot. The first time my companion and I ever taught together we were afraid that we would not be able to teach with unity. Just before the lesson the teacher gave us a small piece of advice that worked wonderfully in the lesson. During that lesson we were able to help pull the "investigator" into the teachings of the gospel and really help him see how the gospel applied to his life. It was a great experience and we have had a few humbling experiences as well with our teaching.
What I really want to do is give a little advice to Jeffrey and Rebecca and I hope that mom and dad can officiate over how this is taught. I was reading a talk from President Henry B. Eyring in the October 2008 General Conference and thought of both Jeffrey and Rebecca as I read about the experiences with prayer.
Mom and Dad I thought that you could read over this talk and try to help them understand the power that prayer can have. Also, for the rest of the family that you can do as the family in the talk whose little boy is praying. Bind your faith together in family prayer and be unified in purpose. As we do this I know that the power of our prayers can multiply in strength. Jeffrey and Rebecca I know that as you pray to your Heavenly Father, He really does listen and answer your prayers. God is real. He has a body of flesh and bone and He looks like us. Your Heavenly Father loves you so much and hopes that you will stay awake during scripture study and family prayer. Work to listen to what is being said in the prayer and understand it. Then believe and have faith that what is prayed for will happen. I hope that you can all unite together as a family.
When the church unites together to serve others we see on the news how much more is accomplished. They are united in purpose. I bear you my testimony that prayers are heard by our Heavenly Father. Joseph Smith received an answer to his prayer, he really did. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he has payed the price for our sins. I love this gospel and hope that you can gain a testimony of this gospel even as I have. I know that God will help you if you ask. I love you all you are a wonderful family.

P.S. Mom could you send your emails on DearElder.com because I don't have a lot of time left if I read the letter you send and then try to type one. I love you :)

Sincerely,

Joey Christensen