柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Monday, February 22, 2010

Goals and progression

Hello all,

I am having a time here at the MTC. I have learned a lot in the past 3 weeks and am loving the opportunity to learn and speak mandarin so often. I have gotten up to about 50 - 60 percent of my speaking in Mandarin :) I love the language. I have also learned a great lesson about the importance of goals. There is a quote from one of the general authorities that says something along the lines of, "when growth is measured improvement accelerates, when growth is measured and recorded the rate of improvement accelerates." I have learned how true this is. I used to think that I had the idea of goal setting down quite well but I am having a humbling experience. I am finding that I was good at setting goals when someone else set the standard. Now I have to set my own end goal, or standard, and I am not doing well on that point. I have been learning a lot as I have worked and struggled to find out what goals to set. I am still working :) As I have not had goals I have not seen my progression and others have. I have found that goals are very personal and the only reason our rate of acceleration increases is because of the increased checkpoints of finding joy in our success. As we fulfill our goals we find joy but when our goals are not there and we are looking too generally at the picture we see ony a small part of the beautiful details. I know that this gospel is true and I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and through Joseph Smith the Gospel of Jesus Christ was Restored. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I am so glad that he was willing to die for me and suffer for my sins.

Jeffrey and Rebecca I love you both so much. I hope that what I had to say to you in the last letter was helpful and helped you to see how important it is to have Family unity. There is so much we can do if we just join our faith together and listen to the prayers being said.

Sarah I love you too. I miss being able to talk with you and help in any way I can. I know that the Lord is going to put you in an area that will bring you the most joy and happiness in your life. I know that you are loved by your Heavenly Father. I put your name on the temple roll today. You can know that you have my prayers and the prayers of many others behind you hoping you have joy and showing our love for you.

Audrey I love you too and want to say that I know that Heavenly Father has great things in store for you as well.

Mom and Dad. I love you both so much and I know that only because of you I am here able to bring others unto Christ and attain the greatest joy and happiness I ever could. I know this gospel is true.

I will pray for Uncle Bob.

PS Mom can you put my address on my facebook account please to make sure everyone knows where to send me a letter if they want. Thanks love you.

Sincerely,

Joey Christensen