柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Friday, April 9, 2010

Last Week

Hello My loving family,
I finally received my new email address. I did receive my itinerary and I leave a week from tomorrow :D I will probably be able to call around 7:00am here which would be about 10:00pm for you. I might be a little off but that depends on the drive out to the airport. I am excited to call :) I loved this week! General Conference was amazing for me and I know that it will be for you. I love this gospel and know with all my heart that it is true. The parts that stood out most to me in General Conference were actually the hymns that were sung. I realized the meaning of the words being sung and they pierced right down to my core. I know that some of the greatest sermons truly are taught in the hymns of the church. When you get a moment you should read the Introduction page of the hymnal and see the blessings that we can receive from the music. The promises are incredible. The talks were also all amazing and filled with great counsel. I loved the talks and how the message, though it wasn't said to be for missionaries, was very applicable to missionary work. I learn a great deal about how I should look after God's children when I teach about this gospel. Important insights were shared as to how people need to be taught and how much care we should take in teaching them. I am low on time due to my need for a new email address but I know that if you prepare for this General Conference, seek for and ask questions, write them down, and look for answers in Conference you will be richly taught. I know that our Heavenly Father loves His children and desires all that He has to be ours. One of the songs that was sung was "How could the Father tell the world" This teaches us how much the Father loved us and wanted to show us the path back to Him. "He sent His Son to walk with man, on earth that we may know." Be sure to listen to the words of this song carefully. I love this gospel and know that it is true. Sarah how is Dino doing? How is Pradderson? I do expect a reply :) Mom and Dad I thank you for your wonderful example to me and the great nourishing environment you created in your home to help me become the person I am today. You helped to keep the fire of my testimony burning and growing. I love you. Rebecca, Jeffrey, and Audrey I love you all please pay close attention to this conference. It is one of the best that we have ever had. You know that this gospel is true and I know that the Spirit will answer your questions. I can promise you that. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Joey Christensen