柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wonderfulness


Hello My loving family,

This week has been wonderful. Full of trials but also full ofa great amount of blessings. I have grown so much but I do not have a lot of time to talk right now. I will firstly tell you about my wonderful companion. I thought I had told you already but apparently not. My companion's name is Elder Burton. He is from Provo and he and I already learned quite a bit of Mandarin before coming out here. I love my companion and he and I have been through a lot together. Many blessings have been given and received and a great deal of strength has been gained. He and I started a new study plan last week where we would pray to receive revelation to know what to study that will best help each other and then we would study for about 5 min. We would then teach eachother according to the promptings of the spirit and we both found a great deal of support and strength from those lessons. Also this week I took the advice of a leader who talked during a Sunday Fireside about Likening the scriptures. As I have read the scriptures I would then take apart what I read and apply it to myself and to someone I thought of. Ether 12 and Alma 34 were incredible to go through. I am so sorry that I don't have anymore time to write more today was a long day. I know that there is a real power in the Atonement and I know that the work I have been called to along with many others will not end until all have been preached to. This work is real and the sooner we sacrifice our lives to teaching others about the gospel the sooner we will receive the blessings of joy that a pronounced in the scriptures. I know that this church is true and I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen,

Sincerely,

Joey Christensen