柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Testimony Regarding Music and the Healing Power of the Atonement

Hello my dear family,
Mom and dad thank you for you wise counsel and your being so in tune with the spirit of the Lord. I have been able to bear testimony often this week, to hear some wonderful talks, and to receive guidance and comfort.
Zone Conference was amazing! We had the blessed opportunity of being out in nature at one of the many parks in California (this only happens once a year). I learned a lot about how to teach and how to commit others. It was wonderful. I love nature! I love music too! We had a discussion this Zone Conference about music and the type of music that we should listen to. Many stood up and shared their insights and you could tell that many were justifying their problems. I then had the spirit tell me that I should stand and bear testimony of music. I thank my Heavenly Father for that opportunity because I learned as much as others. I learned that music is all written for a purpose. Every song whether it is to uplift, inspire, or degrade others. Evidence of this is when the General Authority asked McJagger about his music and McJagger said that his music "calculated to drive the kids to sex." When we listen to music we also have a purpose. We listen to certain styles because those styles create different feelings and emotions. On a mission every missionary must only listen to music that was written for the purpose to uplift, inspire, and edify NOT music that merely entertains. I love music and I love missionary work. To uplift, inspire, and edify is also in-line with the purpose of the Holy Ghost and so when we listen to spiritual music we are inviting the Spirit to be with us. Also, this week we taught Zhang Hui and Zhang Xiao Yun again and I was blessed again to bear testimony of the truthfulness of this wonderful, perfect gospel. As I and my companions bore testimony we were given the blessing of feeling the Spirit come into the room like a blanket of warmth and comfort.
I had the opportunity to listen to a talk given by a man named Jack R. Christensen. It is entitled "Healing The Wounded." I encourage you all to find and listen to this talk. Brother Christensen was truly inspired and gives a beautiful talk about receiving revelation and how we help others come unto Christ. I learned so much from this talk and learned the importance of asking good questions in a lesson, understanding others, and the healing power of the Book of Mormon. Because the Book of Mormon testifies of Christ and His Atonement and teaches us how to be healed through that blessed power. Reading the Book of Mormon is what heals our wounds and then heeding it's counsel is what brings us joy, comfort, and protection. I know that you will love this talk dad especially as you think about our experiences together. I learned so much and I thank my Heavenly Father for helping me and giving me this counsel and comfort.
This week was filled with learning and trials. I know that I shared what I could with you and I learned an incredible amount from the revelation you received from the Spirit. Most of the guidance and direction I have received has been about receiving revelation. I have not always been heeding the counsel that I have been given because I have feared man more than God. I am striving to overcome this fear which is hard since I have feared man most of my life. But I have found new light in this gospel. I have felt new love and care from my Heavenly Father as I have come to know Him and the power of His Son's atonement. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, I love the prophet Joseph Smith and I thank my Heavenly Father for creating this plan and giving me hope for a better world, hope for greater joy, and hope for happiness... true happiness which only comes through being able to live with our Heavenly Father throughout all eternity. And what is so amazing is that everyone... EVERYONE can have this blessing and that is why we are all called to share this gospel. Sarah, Audrey, Rebecca, Jeffrey, Mom, Dad, Elder Christensen (Da Ke), Matt, and anyone that reads this I know that this gospel is true. I know that we can be healed from the wounds we have received from our own faults and the faults of others and this ONLY comes through the Atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Many have died for this gospel to prove to the world how true it is. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and speaks to us everyday. I know that the Book of Mormon and the Bible testify of Jesus Christ and they are the only way we know of the good news, that we CAN be healed. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God and I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet who saw our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ who are truly to separate beings. I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sarah, how is Pradderson doing? is he back in Nepal or has he stayed here? has he been baptized yet? How is Dino? please let him know that I hope he is well and I wish him all the best. Has Dino read the Book of Mormon at all? I love you Sarah. I do! I know that the power of the Atonement can heal all things and I know that it can heal any wounds you have as well. Read the Book of Mormon. Look for answers and I promise you that you will find what you need to be healed.
Audrey, how are your friends? have you talked to many about the gospel? I love you Audrey. I do! I know that the power of the Atonement can heal all things and I know that it can heal any wounds you have as well. Read the Book of Mormon. Look for answers and I promise you that you will find what you need to be healed.
Rebecca, how are your friends? have you shared your testimony with any of them? I love you Rebecca. I do! I know that the power of the Atonement can heal all things and I know that it can heal any wounds you have as well. Read the Book of Mormon. Look for answers and I promise you that you will find what you need to be healed.
Jeffrey, how are your friends? have you told any of them about their Father in Heaven? I love you Jeffrey. I do! I know that the power of the Atonement can heal all things and I know that it can heal any wounds you have as well. Read the Book of Mormon. Look for answers and I promise you that you will find what you need to be healed.
Mom, how are your friends? have you helped any of them understand the blessing of the Restoration? I love you Mom. I do! I know that the power of the Atonement can heal all things and I know that it can heal any wounds you have as well. Read the Book of Mormon. Look for answers and I promise you that you will find what you need to be healed.
Dad, how are your friends? have you helped them know how the Atonement has blessed the lives of your children? I love you Dad. I do! I know that the power of the Atonement can heal all things and I know that it can heal any wounds you have as well. Read the Book of Mormon. Look for answers and I promise you that you will find what you need to be healed.
Elder Christensen, how is the work? have you striven to ask questions and provide an atmosphere where your investigators can feel comfortable enough to share their wounds with you? if they have already done so? have you promised them healing? I love you Tanner. I do! I know that the power of the Atonement can heal all things and I know that it can heal any wounds you have as well. Read the Book of Mormon. Look for answers and I promise you that you will find what you need to be healed.
Matt, how are your friends? how is your eternal family? have you shared with any of them the strong testimony of the gospel you have received from being on a mission? have you allowed the healing power of the scriptures to thrive in your home? I love you Matt. I do! I know that the power of the Atonement can heal all things and I know that it can heal any wounds you have as well. Read the Book of Mormon. Look for answers and I promise you that you will find what you need to be healed.
These promises are real. There is power in the Atonement that we have all felt. Our family has been healed by it's eternal power and we can see it if we look. I know that this is what we are called to teach. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is His Atonement and the steps needed to be healed. God has given all of us a commandment to, "Preach [His] Gospel." As we share a testimony it grows and as we share our testimony of the power of this Gospel I promise that our testimony of the gospel will increase and we will be blessed with healing. I know this gospel is true. I do! I know that the power of the Atonement can heal all things and I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen (Xiao Ke)