柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Gospel Brings Hope

Hello my wonderful family,
I love you all. Thank you for your continual prayers. Jennifer is in Ghana until February 9th. I think that David is doing well. I haven't been able to talk with the missionaries recently to keep in contact with him. The fact that I haven't heard anything bad is a good sign. This week has been another tough one. I continue to see the trials of being with a companion that has a completely different cultural background than you do. Often times when you say one thing that makes sense to you it has a very different meaning for the one receiving the message. There is just a different understanding that we have and a different language that is spoken. My brain is fried today. I can't really think of anything that I want to say. So I will share my testimony:
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth. I know that we have a prophet of God who leads us in the ways of righteousness. I know that as we are able to live in the way the Lord has asked us to live we will be filled with happiness and joy that is inexpressible, we will be filled with the Holy Ghost who can guide us through any trial in our lives if we allow Him, and we will be able to have a hope and assurance that we will live together with our Heavenly Father and our Families forever. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that because of His Atonement we can have these blessings in our lives. I love this gospel and I know that it is true.
This gospel brings hope.
Let us share this hope with the world!
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.