柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm grateful...

y dear family,
I love you all very much. I love being able to write to you. It is such a great blessing from God to know that I can sit at a computer across the world write a few lines and send them to you in seconds. I am grateful for the many blessings that I have received in my life. I am grateful for my being able to meet Jing Hao. My first investigator who I had the great privilege of baptizing. He is so wonderful and I know that he has been blessed by his desire to learn about the gospel. I am grateful for David another wonderful man who has been able to see the light of the gospel in his life. I am sure that he will be blessed in many more ways than he already has. He is such a humble man with no permanent home or job. He has overcome great trials and I am grateful that he has decided to follow in the footsteps of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am also grateful for all of those who have helped in trying me as a teacher, missionary, and example to others. All of the doors that have been closed have led me that much closer to finding one that will open. All of the meetings that were cancelled have led me to finding ways in which I can truly find the elect who are ready to hear about the wonders the gospel has in store for them.

I am grateful for Jennifer who strives constantly to look to the Lord. She has been an investigator with a heart ready to learn and an ear ready to hear. She has also led me to finding better ways to teach and serve others. I am grateful for the sunlight that comes in through windows or clouds. I am grateful that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me.

I am grateful that I also have an Older Brother named Jesus Christ who loves me as well. I am grateful for the rain that has fallen to help in cleansing the earth over and over again that we may live lives of comfort. I am grateful for the Spirit. As directed by the Father, the Holy Ghost is the one who truly leads missionary work. For a missionary or member to be effective we simply recognize and follow the promptings of the Spirit. The Spirit can be our constant companion as we actively invite Him into our lives. As we actively invite him to "reign within reign within us," we will be blessed "...that from morning till night and from night till morning we shall have the joy, the light and the revelation thereof.” (George Q. Cannon, in Brian H. Stuy, comp., Collected Discourses Delivered by President Wilford Woodruff, His Two Counselors, the Twelve Apostles, and Others, 5 vols. (1987–92), 4:137.)

The Spirit is what brings light into our lives and into our hearts. I invite you all to find ways in which you may better invite the spirit into your life. I am doing it now and I know that I am being guided and blessed. Because of my experience I know that as you desire the Spirit in your life Heavenly Father will lead you to Him. I Know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. I know that God lives and loves us as His children. I love you all. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen