柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

God Answers Prayers

Hello my wonderful Family,
I have learned a great many things this week but do to a problem with my finances I had to use some time to clear up the difficulties. I love you all and I just received the new Ensign for June. I was able to fast on Sunday and it wasn't until that day that I was able to open up and read the new Ensign. I, of course, was having trials and needed answers to questions. Because of my fasting and prayers I was able to find all of my answers with great detail written in every story and talk of the new Ensign. As I flipped through the pages and read the titles I found that each topic was specifically related to all the questions I had and I am learning so very much from my Heavenly Father as I read and study deeply the doctrines and lessons taught. I love this gospel and I am so happy to know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me. I have a whole Ensign written specifically for my needs! It is wonderful to know that I am cared for that much and that small detail in my life was created. I learned this week about the wonderful plan that our Heavenly Father has. I wrote a poem a while ago that I remembered which has inspired me. (I don't think I really wrote it.) The poem is about simplicity and it is in my first recently finished journal. I would like to ask mom if you could write an email with all of my poems included. I find that each day they are applied to many things that I learn and I hate not being able to remember the words that we put together so beautifully ( I am not boasting of myself but I am boasting in my God who gave me that ability and wrote these poems through me.) I know that my Heavenly Father is talking to me through my poetry and through music. I am so very happy that this is the medium He uses because it is what truly makes sense to me. So what I learned. In Isaiah it says that we learn things "precept upon precept" and "line upon line." In the poem "Simplicity" it talks about a talented painter who paints a masterpiece and seems to all that it is very complex and detailed but truly all that the masterpiece was made from started with one, two, and three. The very basics which allowed it to grow and become better but it was "line upon line." Life and the gospel may seem very complex to many and may feel as though it is very difficult but if we actually learn the basics we are given the ability to create our own complex masterpiece. It is like when Brother Bouvais (I know I spelt that wrong.) Helped us learn how to draw or paint. He cut the painting into sections and then copied each section. The plan of our Heavenly Father is extremely complex BUT because we have learned the basics we are able to take apart is plan piece by piece and understand everything about it because each stroke of the painting used only the basics, and we know the basics. We then put together our small picture of the big puzzle from the pieces we take and eventually our eyes are opened even more to the wonders of the plan of Salvation that give us such great joy and a sense of belonging and a sense of worth becuase the time was put into the plan to make sure there was not one soul to be lost. What did Satan want in the premortal life? He wanted not one soul to be lost. But he had the wrong way of doing so. His plan had holes and the biggest one is that there would be no progression. But Jesus Christ's plan leaves no one, NO ONE, unthought of. No one left behind and all get an equal chances thus making sure NO ONE is lost. Our loving Heavenly Father had the patience, took the time, used His knowledge, to make sure that NO ONE would be lost and that is why this plan is so perfect. Everyone is caught in this plan and there are no holes for anyone to slip through. It is a perfect plan. I love this gospel because it is so simple and our Heavenly Father is there to teach us all the details of His plan. Because, as the one artist states "detail is what gives something worth." We are of great worth to God and so He has created the detail and the plan for each of our lives that will give us the opportunity to be with Him again if we want it enough. OH I love this Gospel. I know that this Gospel is true. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us. I am certain that we were also a part of making the plan for our lives such as we make plans in family counsel. I know that Jesus Christ lives and I know that His Atonement has power able to heal each of us and give us the ability to understand the plan of our Heavenly Father. I know that God speaks to man as He has spoken to me even as I wrote this email. I love you all.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen