柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Fullness of Joy

My dear family :)

Jennifer made it to Church this week! :D She is doing so well. Her brother, Bismark, who reffered her to us was here for the holidays. Bismark and his wife were able to accompany us for our last lesson with her and they made a valuable contribution. Jennifer also brought her less-active aunt with her to church and she said she enjoyed the services. Fast Sunday was great. Since I have been in this Ward I decided to stand up in church each Fast Sunday and bear my testimony of the restored gospel. It has strengthened my testimony greatly and I have seen it affecting the lives of our members as well. I am also certain that Jennifer's coming to church was one of the first English speaking investigators this ward has had at church in a long time. When she came I could tell that the members were excited to see her and hear that she is investigating. The first in two years was really David.

The members are starting to see the fruits of our labors and I know that the excitement for missionary work is growing. I love this work. I have learned so much and don't have enough time to tell you everything that is happening. To keep things simple I can tell you that we are working hard and the Lord is blessing us. We are receiving and acting upon revelation given to us to know how to build the Ward in this area. I am being blessed to see more than I can describe and though it may not seem like much of a difference now I can see that we are preparing for a prosperous future. We are working on all portions of the work as we strive to fill the time we have with meaningful activities that invite others to come unto Christ. As we do these things I have already seen members returning to church and gaining confidence enough in their testimonies to share them.

I know that this gospel is true and I am grateful to be working with Elder Ng. We have trials but I know that the Lord helps us through them. I know that I am kept in the hollow of His hand as I strive to do my best. The spirit fills my heart and I know that there is no where else in the world I would rather be right now than in Fremont California. There is a lot to do and I am constantly exhausted :) but I am given strength beyond my own to accomplish the Lord's purposes. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God to restore Jesus Christ's gospel to the earth. I am ever grateful for this gospel. I know that David and Jing Hao are well prepared for the future as they continue to attend church and strive to endure to the end. Jennifer will be a wonderful asset to the Ward here and I know that members are working to improve their efforts as we improve ours. Keep praying for us as we do our best. Exact obedience is necessary to receiving a fulness of Joy. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen