柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Monday, November 28, 2011

Miracles Continue to Happen Today!

Miracles continue to happen today!!
Hello my special family :) (In a good way ;) )
I love you all. This week was amazing. We were out and about doing our work. We have been teaching many of the Singles Ward members and striving to help them gain even greater trust in us and our abilities in teaching. I have had many powerful experiences this week which helped me to grow in my testimony of the gospel and of Jesus Christ and His mission here on earth. But most importantly.......... this week we found a NEW INVESTIGATOR! It has been a while but we have done our best to work hard and use our time wisely. We can always improve but let me tell you the story.

On Thursday we went on exchanges and I was in a different area. That night I went back together with Elder Egbert and he said he had a meeting set up with one of the members, Paul, to meet with the member's friend. I was excited to study and learn what we needed to share with Paul's friend. The appointment needed to change, but it was moved to a time when we could meet in another member's home. We got there and taught Derrick. During the lesson Derrick seemed to be at the edged of his seat. He was intrigued and in awe at what was being told to him. We taught him of the Restoration and Paul really helped everything "click". As we shared the experience of Joseph Smith there was a strong spirit and we invited Derrick to be baptized after our lesson. As we were inviting him to be baptized his head was nodding and he said yes. We had talked about an experience when he had felt the spirit and after he accepted baptism he said that he knew this was true ever since the night of his experience. We set a date for his baptism on December 17th. This past Sunday we met with him again and taught a part of the Plan of Salvation. He said that it was all "clicking" and he was excited for baptism. We had prepared a calendar for him to set days in which we could meet. As he looked, he said, "I will put this as top priority, how about we meet monday, wednesday, and friday." He will be gone this week but when he comes back we will be teaching him everything in about two weeks and he will have a bit of extra time.

I was very, very excited. I still am! We might even be able to move the baptism up a little bit. Please pray for Derrick. I know you will. Pray that he may really know the truth found in this gospel. Please pray that Keeler will be able to gain a knowledge of the gospel. Pray that he may be led to know that God is real and that there is nothing more important that following the gospel of Jesus Christ. Pan is also having a few struggles and it is difficult to really understand him. We try to help him feel comfortable sharing his concerns with us but haven't had much success. Please pray for him to make strong relationships with the members. I know that as this happens Pan will be able to hold strong and be ready to receieve the priesthood.

I love missionary work and I know that it will bring us the greatest joy we can imagine. I know that the gospel is true. On Sunday we taught gospel principles and I looked at the picture of Christ breaking the bread for the sacrament. I think it was painted by Simon Dewey. As I looked at it I pondered the expression on Jesus' face and His attitude. As our perfect example, Christ looked as though he would give up everything He had to accomplish the will of the Father. If we are to be truly happy, this is what we must do as well. I know that the power of the Atonement changes lives. As we repent we are granted grace (or strength) to press forward and become a new creature. The only way we can do this is because of the sacrifice of Christ and our Heavenly Father. A talk on Sunday explained the origin of the word sacrifice and it's meaning. Sacri - meaning sacred. Ficio - meaning make. When we sacrifice we make sacred that which we give up. Christ was made sacred, or perfect, after His crucifixion. Our will's can be made sacred, or perfect, through sacrificing our will to the will of the Lord. I know this is true and I know it because I have taken my whole life to study the gospel and the spirit has witnessed of the truth of these things to my heart multiple times. I am grateful for the many miracles which have come over the past week and over my whole life. I love the Lord. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen