柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Christ is the sure foundation

Aloha my beautiful family :)
This week has been crazy and great and wonderful and hard and just about everything else. We spent hours on our feet this week striving to find as many of God's children as possible. Mainly street contacting and visiting old investigators and potential investigators. We saw tons of people this week! Our records showed great amounts of effort but the number of people at sacrament didn't. It was hard to have no one at sacrament this week. But, we did have a less active member come and stay for sacrament meeting. It was a spiritually strong meeting at te beginning and then in the middle it we interesting and then strengthened at the end again. I am sure that Lu Zhou had a wonderful experience.

We have an investigator named Elaine who is really cool. We met her on the street on a friday and talked for about 1 minute and she gave us her phone number. Then that Sunday she came to church! Then we called during the week and asked if we could set up a time to meet and she said, "how about after church on Sunday" :) So we taught her two Sundays ago about the Restoration of the church and at the end of our lesson we asked what she thought and she said, "I need to read the Book of Mormon." She also said a prayer that sounded like she had prayed all her life :D She is from Shang Hai and doesn't really have a religion.

We don't have anyone else that we are teaching right now other than a few names who we are trying to get a hold of and set up times to teach. It has been difficult with them. But, this week I called Justin to see how his move went and how all was going in Massacheusettes (That is a really long name) and he said that everything went well but school is really busy. Then a few days later I get a call back from him and he says, "I want to be baptized. I want the peace that comes from prayer." :) So I did what I could to try and get him in contact with the missionaries ASAP. We will call him soon to make sure he is set up with the missionaries in Mass... ;)

I love you all. I love this gospel and I love having the gift of the Holy Ghost with me helping guide me to the mark of a happy life. This life is the life that is full of the spirit. The Lord will stretch us when he needs to and give us the strength to broaden our horizons and find that he will take care of our needs. Thus giving us the ability to serve others more than before. This because we build on the foundation of Jesus Christ. I know that the foundation of Christ is a sure foundation, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.