柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A mission is the best place in the world for any young man 19 or older to be

Hello my amazing, wondeful, completely awesome family :),
Guess what... this week I got transferred to Fremont :) And... I am training a new missionary :D and... my new missionaries name is... Elder Christensen :D Yeah! Truly, honestly. I am in a group of three Elders now as well. This area will take a lot of work to get back up to the way my last area was moving but it is great. Elder Christensen and I are getting along quite well. He had the oportunity to live in Shanghai for 2 years. I was thinking he might be the son of the family whose mail we get a lot but he isn't. His family has lived in Idaho for all his life. He did have another missionary named Elder Christensen in his MTC district who lived in Asia for a long time. So the Christensens are taking over the missionary force in California ;)

There is so much to talk about but not a lot of words to describe everything. Elaine and Allen are doing well though and I hope they are able to get out to General Conference this next weekend. Yesterday, I was able to go to the Oakland Temple :D That was sooooooooo cool. I love to go to the temple and I love being able to feel of my Heavenly Father cheering me on and teaching me how I can be better. I know that the temple truly is the House of the Lord. There is such a special spirit there that is so overpowering and comforting. I wasn't able to put anyone's name on the temple roll though :( I couldn't find it. Mom could you put a few names in the temple for me? I will tell you them later.

I love this gospel and I know that it is true. A mission is hard but it is the best place in the world for any young man 19 or older to be. There is so much light that this gospel brings into the eyes of those that live according to it's principles. I am sorry that I didn't bring my camera again. I know I probably should have asked you this sooner but what is your address in Taiwan so that I can send you my memory card? It will just be easier to do that for now until I actually make a habit of bringing my camera to the library. I love you all.


Matt and Anne and David: There is a little boy in the Cupertino branch that I just left from who is only a few days older than David. Whenever I saw him I was reminded that my little nephew is probably that big or bigger ;) Keep living the gospel and I know that you will be blessed in your service to others.
Tanner: Remember to always keep up your mandarin ability. My mission president said that, "The church expects you to keep this ability." He was asked in his interview for a mission how his Spanish was and he said, "okay" and the one giving the interview said that he should probably make an improvement. I love you and I know this gospel is true. You are a wonderful brother and example. I truly am honored to be your brother.

Sarah: You are incredible. I just read about how you are possibly in the Vocal Performance Major. I am sure that will be a great place for you. You have a wonderful voice with great talent. I am so priviledged to say that you are my sister. One because you are such a great example to those around you. And two because you are drop dead gorgeous :) This gospel is true. Just remember to keep a smile on your face at all times and your light will shine the way.

Audrey: I love you. You have such a big heart filled with love towards all others. You are a mother to all and I know that there are many who look to you for help and comfort. You are also great at sports and singing and acting. What a tremendous opportunity you have to be able to work on all of these great talents through your schooling. "O be wise what can I say more" (Jacob) Take the time to learn, to truly understand the things that are taught and internalize them. You will be blessed greatly in your life through the intelligence that you gain. Don't take school for granted.

Rebecca: You as well have a wonderful desire to help others and make known to them their great abilities. You can see the best in them. You also have talents of great proportion and variety that you can gain as you continue to pray to your Heavenly Father for guidance and direction. You will be old enough for a Patriarchal blessing soon. Think about the importance of that blessing and take the time to prepare for the great priviledge of having that guide in your life. I know that it will be a great help and source of comfort to you.

Jeffrey: I can't believe how grown up you will be once I am home. This mission is the bes thing that has ever happened in my life. Prepare now for a mission by reading the scriptures daily, praying every morning and night, and attending church. These are the ways that we receive revelation from our Heavenly Father. If we wish to be successful in life the best thing we can do is become aquainted with the voice of the Spirit. He is your constant companion as you live according to your covenants and the best thing about his presence is that he knows all the answers. He will let you know all that you can do to best help yourself and others. Be sure to carefully cultivate (build up) this talent and as you do this I can promise that you will be greatly blessed by our Heavenly Father.

Mom and Dad: I love you both. Keep in mind the opportunity it is to be in Taiwan and the blessings that have come into our famliy through living there. I love being able to help my family receive blessings through my service and I pray for you as much as possible. This is a great work that we are involved in and I know that this work is true. You are just as much missionaries as I am :) Mom were you ever able to go see that Convert with your first greenie?

Sincerely,
Elder Christensen