柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Families are Eternal! What a great promise!

Well, this week was transfers and I said my goodbyes to Elder Wang and Elder Lee this morning :( They will be in Taiwan on Thursday I think. I now have a new companion :) his name is Elder Long and I am certain that we will be able to work very well together. We just dejunked our apartment and were able to throw away all the excess stuff. I felt like mom during moving time ;) love you mom :) It feels so good to have a cleaner apartment and know that there is no spot left untouched to grow mold or gather dust. This week has been a little slower than others since my companion had to pack and there were tons of people who wanted to make last minute calls for dinner or lunch appointments. But, now my new companion and I will hit the ground running. Literally. I will start running in the mornings with my companion and we will make sure that we do all we are asked to do. Exact obedience is the key to success and loving others with your whole heart. Obedience to the commandments of God. This is what I want and I am amazed that others do not desire to live this way as well. Oh and this week I was able to go with Elder Wang and some of our investigators up to Oakland for a temple trip. We visited the visitor's center and listened to the Sister Missionaries who shared wonderful testimonies and great insights. I love this gospel and when I saw the temple I couldn't help but have a big grin sweep across my face. This happened because I know the blessings that are received there and the joys that it has brought into my life and our family. What a great gift to know that families can be and are eternally bonded. Think about it. Families are eternal! What a great promise. I know this is true and I love this gospel. I love you all and am so happy to be able to read Sarah's Talk. I am sure it will be great. I leave you these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen