柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Heavenly Father is intimately involved in our Lives

Hello my loving family,

I don't know why but I never receive the emails from you on dearelder until later on Monday and so I am unable to read how your week has been before I write you. I have had a challenging week but I have learned over this weekend that I was led to know what to do. First, my hamstring had a muscle spasm for a few days and was pulling my shin bone out of place a little. I am all better now though I only had to stretch a lot. Second, I didn't make very much progress on my Mandarin this week and was hardly able to speak a word in Mandarin when I wanted on Saturday. Saturday is the day that I am able to go and teach investigators the lessons. This week there was a real investigator from Taiwan and I had taught him before. It was a lot of fun and he is ready for baptism but needs that one extra push to accept a date to be baptized. I love this gospel and I have received some strength from Heavenly Father as to how I should go about trying to help Howard (the investigator) accept the commitment to be baptized.


I quickly skimmed over the email before I replied and saw that Uncle Bob is progressing slowly upward. So long as he continues to progress toward health nothing bad can happen :) I am glad to hear that mom is home safe. I really skimmed over the email, sorry. I know that Heavenly Father is intimately involved in our lives. He loves us so dearly and desires our happiness more than we realize. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and because of his struggle we have the truth restored to the earth never to leave again. I know that Christ lives and because of this I know that we can all be resurrected. I wish you all the best. I put Uncle Bob's name on the Temple roll again to add to the army praying for him. I love you all so much and I know that families can be together forever. I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and I am realizing the reality of this gospel and work more and more each day. I have finally set up a language and gospel study plan that will help me record my growth and I will be putting it into affect tomorrow. I love this gospel and I love you all. I am also very excited for you Sarah.

Sincerely,

Joey Christensen