柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Conference was amazing.

Hello my incredible family,
You are all so wonderful and I am excited to be able to read your letters to me. I feel my testimony strengthened as I listen to yours. I feel your love for me as you write. I am so thankful to have such a great family. I would like to hear from more people that just mom every once in a while too ;)
General Conference was amazing and will be amazing for you. You will be taught great basic truths that pertain to all areas of life. Take the time to think. Take the time to ponder. This will bring the revelation that you truly need as you think and ponder on the messages shared. The brain is incredible in that it connects the dots of all things. If things are related it makes that connection. Pondering will allow you to make connections between the things taught and the trials that are most troubling your mind. Be sure to listen to the talk given by Jeffrey R. Holland. Along with his sacred words I share my love to each of you, my family and friends. You are all so wonderful and caring. You are all talented in so many ways. I am so grateful for your love and tender words of comfort towards me. It truly strengthens my desire to do all that I can. It builds my resolve to be the best I can be. "The Lord is my strength and my song and he has become my salvation" (Isaiah, I think) Why? Because he constantly encourages us and builds up our confidence in ourselves and in him. You are also my strength and my song because you as well build up my confidence and express your love for me which I in turn express to others. Don't forget how far a smile can carry those you meet. Don't forget how far your light can shine to the world around you. We all have at least a small amount of borrowed light which gives us the strength to move on in the world. Also, don't forget to be grateful for those who shine their light. Mom and Dad, brothers, sisters, and friends I thank you for giving me of your light and helping me become who I am today. I love you all.
Jeffrey, I can give you a promise. God will always be there to build you up and give you the strength needed to overcome all of the hard times. The 2000 Stripling Warriors were saved from death many times. It was not easy for them to be saved, they had to work, but because of their work they were able to win.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen