柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Monday, April 4, 2011

Greater Light has come into my Life

Hello my amazing family,
"Savior, may I learn to love thee, Walk the path that thou hast show, Pause to help and lift another, Finding strength beyond my own. Savior, may I learn to love thee -- Lord, I would follow thee." (Hymn #220)

This week I decided to start my study of "Jesus the Christ". I have learned greatly of the Pre-mortal existence of our Savior and of His mission here on earth. I know that Jesus Christ was called and chosen to be our Savior. I know that through His sacrifice we are able to be cleansed of sin "after all we can do." (2 Nephi 25:23) Through our faith and showing that we desire to live the way that Christ lived we are able to receive fully the gift of healing promised to us in the Atonement. We are sanctified by the power of Christ, thus enabling us to be filled with the Spirit of the Lord. The Spirit then brings with it power, comfort, and many other gifts to be found as we continue to use our faith in attaining specific blessings.

I have studied a lot about the Savior this week and I have felt a greater light come into my life. I know that the same must be happening with our mother as she decided this year to study the life of Christ in greater detail. I have also learned more this week of the great opportunity and blessing it is to be able to choose. We have the gift of Agency to enable us to decided with to be a captive of the devil or to be free, "through the great Mediator of all men..." (2 Nephi 2:27) As we make correct choices and live the laws given to us line upon line and precept upon precept we are given higher laws and greater knowledge that help us to progress. If we make choices to allow the devil to take control of us then we end our progression since we fall subject to the consequences of our disobeying the law. Because we are unable to follow that one law there is no law to progress to.

It is as though you are on a trampoline. Each jump you move higher and higher, but if we decide to move off of the trampoline and jump on the hard ground we move no higher with each jump and eventually are too exhausted to jump any more. Our own strength isn't enough to keep us going through eternity. We must rely upon the power of our Savior Jesus Christ. He is the way, the truth, and the light. "And now my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that htere is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the word of truth and righteousness." (Alma 38:9)

Because of the things that I have learned this week I was able to find a hymn that I will study, memorize, and use in my everyday life. Whenever I am hit with hard times, whenever I feel it is too difficult on my own, I will simply remember the words of the hymn used above.
"Savior, may I learn to love thee, Walk the path that thou hast show, Pause to help and lift another, Finding strength beyond my own. Savior, may I learn to love thee -- Lord, I would follow thee...
Saviour, may I love my brother As I know thou lovest me, Find in thee my strength, my beacon, For thy servant I would be. Savior, may I love my brother -- Lord, I would follow thee." (Hymn #220)
"I know that my Redeemer lives, Triumphant Savior, Son of God, Victorious over pain and death, My King, My Leader, and my lord." (Hymn #135) I leave you this testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen