柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Monday, April 4, 2011

To Communicate with Those Whom I Feel Are Family

Hello my beautiful family,
This week we found a new investigator. When we told our leaders they were very excited since it is the first investigator that has been found in a while. We are excited and he seems to be solid. We talked with him about the blessings of the gospel and of the truth. After our lesson and sharing of scriptures he thanked us for the peace that we brought into his life. We then helped him to see that the peace he felt was the spirit of the Lord testifying to him of the truth found in our words. We also testified that he could find that same peace through his personal reading of the scriptures. We left him an English Book of Mormon and Bible. He is chinese but he has decided to work solely in English from now on. I am grateful for this blessing from the Lord. Just after watching General Conference on Sunday afternook there was a program on BYU-TV that was titled "A Bridge To China". Elder Christensen and I were drawn to watch it. I would encourage you to look it up online if you can. It is AMAZING. I felt such a great love for the Chinese people fill my heart and soul as I saw that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir had asked a group of students from China to sing with them. As I was able to see the culture and the beauty of China again I felt a pulling at my heart to return to the land where I had grown up. I love China and it's people and I am greatly blessed to be able to serve among their people here in America. I know that as I continue to learn the language my ability to communicate with them will grow. This has been my desire ever since I was little, to communicate with those with whom I feel are my family. I know that I have been blessed through travelling all of my life. I feel a greater appreciation for all cultures and I desire to make peace with each and everyone of them. I love the people of the world and I know that they are all children of our Heavenly Father. I know that this is true. I know that God lives and loves His children. I know that there is nothing we can do to exempt ourselves from the healing power of the Atonement. General Conference was amazing and I know that we have a prophet on the earth today. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the scriptures are true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen