柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Monday, April 4, 2011

Ke Lao Shi the English Teacher

Hello my AMAZING FAMILY,
I love you all soooo much. I am excited to here that the Steeles are doing well. I hope you gave them a hug from me to them ;) They are wonderful missionaries. Well let me tell you of how small the world can be.

I don't know if you remember Linda. She is a woman that was baptized the first weekend I came into the mission field in Cupertino. She is doing well and is from Beijing China. Well, couple weeks ago we met a woman from Hu Bei China who was able to come with one of our members to church and even attend our English class here. She said that she really liked church and wanted to come back. This week at church she came by her self and later told us that she has a friend who would like to learn from the missionaries. She called her friend and was talking with her about how she had an English teacher named Ke Lao Shi. Her friend was suprised and started to describe... me. It turns out that Zhang Xi Feng (the woman from Hu Bei China) is very good friends with Linda (the woman from Beijing China). I couldn't help but laugh because when I first saw Zhang Xi Feng I thought about Linda. It was wierd and funny. Anyway, we set an appointment with Zhang Xi Feng so that we can start teaching her about the gospel. Pray for her.

On Sunday night I felt that we should stop by a woman named Sunny. We knocked on her door, introduced ourselves and talked for about 30 seconds. She then invited us in and we were able to sit down and have a great discussion with her. She has a teenage daughter that doesn't speak to her very much. She feels that she is not growing spiritually. She wants to know how to help her family. We assured her that everything she is now looking for is found in the message of the gospel which we share and that we would love to be her guides and friends in helping her find what she is looking for. The spirit was strong in our meeting and she is certainly ready to hear the message which we have to share.

I know that these blessings have come because of our efforts over that past months. These two wonderful women have been prepared by our Heavenly Father to be taught the gospel. Unfortunately, I am being transferred before my ability to help these sisters more but I feel that I have done my part in laying a foundation for this area to build upon. I know that this area will be blessed through continued efforts of the missionaries here. I know that this work will press forward and move on. I will be going up to Pleasanton to be companions with Elder Christensen again :) It will be interesting this time since we won't have a third part.

I was able to talk with David this week and he is doing very very well. He is making his own work through potting plants in different styles and selling them. He says each time he makes one someone wants to buy it. He sounds so much happier and stronger. His confidence has grown. He told me that he compares the teaching of the missionaries now to mine, Elder Egbert, and Elder Christensen's teaching. I felt so happy after talking with him. He said that he has a plant for me so I am going up to meet him today. I am sure it will be a joyous reunion. I know that this gospel is true. I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ heals our lives, mends our broken hearts, and fills us with confidence of a better world. This faith in Jesus Christ brings hope into our lives. I know that Heavenly Father lives and loves us. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen