柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Monday, April 4, 2011

I Love Being Able to Read Through the Scriptures

Hello my favorite family in the whole wide world,
I am excited to read your letter. It looks like a lot has happened. I have had a few cool experiences this week that would like to tell you about. Elder Ng and I went on two exchanges this week. One with our Zone Leaders and the next with another set of Chinese Elders. With the Zone Leaders I was given the opportunity to see that I was not the only one with questions and struggles. We were able to work together. As a companionship we served each other and complimented each other in the good things that we did. Through the rough times we were able to talk about what to do to overcome our challenges. I know that we learned a lot. That day we also met quite a few people that we might be able to start teaching in the next couple of days.

Next I was with Elder Thackery. I don't think either of us had laughed so hard on our missions before. He and I knew just about every movie that the other talked about. His family has seen "The Ghost of Mister Chicken," "How to Frame a Figg," all of the pixar movies, Abbott and Costello, and even "Totoro". It was so much fun to quote movies back and forth and know what we were talking about. I am so used to quoting movies but only one Elder so far has been able to tell me all of the movies that I am quoting. Aside from that it was a good day. It was one of those days where everything seems to go wrong and yet you just need to go with the punches. We were able to find a couple of other good potentials that day too. It was a great experience and now as Elder Ng and I are together again we have a new fire to go and do the work.

I have also continued my study of "Jesus the Christ" and it has been amazing. I love being able to read through the scriptures and see how all of the words testify of Jesus Christ and His ministry. I have read to chapter 4 so far (It takes a while to read all of the scriptures James E. Talmage cites.) and have already seen a great difference in the growth of my faith. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He was ordained from the foundation of the world to be our Savior and Redeemer. I know that Joseph Smith was able to see our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in the Sacred Grove. I know that through that sacred experience we now have the Book of Mormon, a living prophet, true priesthood authority, and many more blessings. I know that Thomas S. Monson has been called of God to be our guide today. I know that the Spirit has great power in the convincing of men and the protection of ourselves. Through our living lives consecrated to our Heavenly Father we are able to have the Spirit with us always. I know this to be true. I am excited for the future of this area and I know that Heavenly Father will guide us to those that are ready as we strive to listen to the sacred promptings of the Spirit. I love you all. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen