柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Big Smile On My Face

Hello my incredible family :)

I am going to be training again :D My new missionary is most likely from Hong Kong. His name is "Elder Ng". I am soo excited to have another opportunity to grow closer to my Heavenly Father in learning how to help this new Elder learn the ropes of Missionary Work. Please pray for me to continue to follow the Spirit.

This was a GREAT weekend because I had the sacred opportunity to baptize David. I am grateful that he asked me to be there. After his baptism and confirmation I saw a completely new person filled with joy and light. He was happier and joked more with others. He was certainly prepared by God and I know that he will be a great strength and example to those around him. I love missionary work.

This past week we met 2 new investigators. They seem like a wonderful family. They have met with missionaries before but were never baptized. They are a great new family to help my trainee work with. I love their family after only meeting them once. The mother is really cool and the husband is very nice. They are incredibly friendly and we laughed together as we visited. They actually ended up asking the questions about the gospel and though we hadn't planned it, the discussion turned into our teaching a little about the plan of salvation. It was a great opportunity and we will be meeting with them this coming thursday to share the whole plan. I am excited.

I couldn't help but carry a big smile on my face the whole baptismal service for David. It filled me with so much joy and love for him. I know that this gospel is true. I know that there is nothing that can stand in the way of this church's progression so long as we do our part to live according to the moral standards it teaches. Heavenly Father wants to fill us with His love and I know that as we keep the commandments and serve others we will be filled with that love. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen