柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

Hello my wonderfully scary family, ;)
This week has been another week of great blessings and (of course) great trials. But overall the blessings always outway the trials so long as we focus on the good. I realized after sending my email last week that I hadn't said happy birthday to dad. So,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!! :D You are the best dad in the world.
I don't know if I told you but Elder Christensen's father's birthday is also on holloween just a year earlier. Isn't that funny. So we celebrated our dad's birthdays on Sunday :).
We also had to move on Monday. That is why I am writing a later letter. We had a lot of stuff to move and were barely able to get everything done in one day. Now we just need to organize all of our stuff to fit in the new apartment.
Also, I do have some photos for you but they are all on my camera. I keep trying to ask for a mailing address because I don't think that I will get the camera to the library anytime soon since I can't seem to remember it. But, if you email me your address I will be sure to send you my memory card.
We were able to meet again with David this week and teach him about the Word of Wisdom. He had been taught part of it before from his member friend and so we quickly went through the pamphlet about the subject and invited him to live it. We knew before hand that he would have trouble with one thing and so we invited the Bishop to sit with us as he had the same troubles during his conversion process. At the end of the lesson we left David with a priesthood blessing and he felt stronger. I know that as he follows the process of recovery found in Preach My Gospel he will be blessed with the ability to overcome his addiction. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. He is excited for his baptism and I can't wait to help him with through that sacred ordinance with my companions Elder Christensen and Elder Egbert.
"Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day. I've got a beautiful feeling everything is goin' my way." I know that through our faithfulness and diligence in keeping our covenants we will be blessed to sing this song everyday. The Lord will bless us to know that all will go according to His plan and, as we are faithful, His plan will be our plan. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen