柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Do Good Anyway

Hello my wonderful Family,
I love being able to write letters to you. I love also being able to hear about the many things that are happening in each of your lives. What wonderful blessings we have to be able to write letters back and forth on a medium in which we receive the letters almost instantly. I am so grateful for technology. We found another investigator this week. His name is David and he is very open to learning more about religion. He is the friend of a recent convert and I am excited to help him. I am having one of those hard days again :) where all things seem to be bearing down on me but I know that this gospel is true. I have been able to learn greatly these past few weeks to a point where I am able to put more and more trust in my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that all things will work out for our good and I know that as I do my best I will be blessed despite the trials I have along the way. We were able to meet with Mary this week for the first time. As we taught her we were able to help clear up some of the confusion she had. We were also able to find a new apartment to move to. I haven't tried getting a hold of Uncle David yet since I wasn't sure if you have talked with him yet or not. I wish I didn't have to wait until next week to find out. I feel that I need an uplifting word or two. I leave you my testimony: I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us. I know that there is a plan made for our Salvation which is perfect and has been put in full force through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. As we believe on his name and act upon the commandments he has given us I know that we will be blessed. There was a profound statement given this past Sunday in church by one of the speakers. "Do it anyway" I think he shared a group of commandments that had been found on a wall. For example one of the commandments said, "If you do good you will get kicked in the teeth. Do good anyway." In this world and as we keep our covenants with God we will receive the hardest trials in our lives. Follow the commandments and keep your covenants anyway. Though those trials come and though you might not see an end our Heavenly Father promises us "Thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment. Then if thou endure it well you shall be lifted up on high..." (Doctrine and Covenants) How do we endure our trials well? We do what we know to be right anyway. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen