柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Charitable acts of Kindness

Hello my wondeful family,
It is so great to hear of your experiences. I love seeing how Heavenly Father is blessing you to have joy and happiness while I am gone. I am so glad that dad was able to play in a band. I know that is something that he loves and what a blessing it is to have that opportunity. I am also very excited to hear that Matt and Anne are directing the Christmas Pageant. They will have a lot of fun with that. The Lord certainly called them to the right job :)

This week has gone by quickly and I am sure the next one will too. I have grown a lot as well and I am excited for continual growth. The growth that I have found is a change in myself from my selfish desires to charitable acts of kindness for others. I am finding that each day I desire more and more to just talk with others learn of them and then strive to help teach them of the gospel and the things that I know which have brought me so much joy and happiness. David is still having a hard time and we can't get a hold of him. I ask for your continued prayers for him. This week we found Jennifer O'Dei. She is originally from Ghana :D I am so excited to teach her. I also talked with her brother recently and he is a member our in Utah trying to help bring the Gospel to the rest of his family. I love the people of Africa! They are so kind and fun to talk to. Our first meeting with Jennifer went like this: She told us that her brother and father were members and have gone to the church all their life. She has learned a little about the church before but feels that she didn't really take the time to study the Book of Mormon and find out for herself the truthfulness of the Gospel. She said that she thinks it is time for her to really try the Book of Mormon and pray about it so she can learn from God of it's truthfulness. Isn't she awesome!?! I pray for these two friends everyday and hope that their hearts will be softened and that their spirits will be contrite to receive the wonderful knowledge of their Heavenly Father's plan for them.

I know that this Gospel is true and I know that there is true power in the Atonement. I love my new companion Elder Holmes. He is a great missionary. I ask that you keep us in your prayers as well and continue to help strengthen us in our helping others. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen