柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Week Filled with Miracles

Hello my stupendous Family,
Each of you fill me with awe as I think of the many talents and accomplishments you have or have had or will have. I am amazed at receiving an email from Audrey about her teacher. I am so glad to hear her strong simple testimony stating that she believes in miracles. I do to and I know that the will of the Lord will happen in all things. I am happy to be able to read your letter this week. Also, Sister Morey will be in the MTC soon :) I am very excited for her and her family to begin to receive even greater blessings from her missionary service. I know that they will all be blessed greatly.
This week has been filled with miracles and blessings that all come from just being out and serving. We met a woman named Karen while tracting and she had actually just been woken up by her daughter. But in the course of our first small visit we asked if there might be a time that we could stop by later. We settled on the next day at 6:30pm. That was on Saturday. On Sunday afternoon we took the time to study and to learn from our Heavenly Father what Karen truly needed to hear. We went through bullet points in chapter 10 of Preach My Gospel under How to Begin Teaching. We then took turns teaching Karen and being taught while trying to think like Karen. During this time the Spirit was very strong and we then left to meet with her. She was very open and kind. She was a wonderful woman and at the end of our 15 minute discussion we were able to provide a Book of Mormon for her and she said that she would read it. She is so wonderful. Please pray for her. We actually had to give her to other missionaries since she is outside of our English area but we can always pray for her. Today we had another great experience just as we were out doing the work. We were visiting some former investigators and a man next door to one of them stopped us and said, "Are you mormons?" We replied, "Yes." He then invited us to sit down with him and share a little more of our beliefs. He said that he loves to just learn of the beliefs that others have and he explained to us that he wasn't really set on joining a religion so much as learning about it. Through our discussion he asked many questions and we then tried to ask more questions towards him so that we could understand his beliefs. He was so kind. His name is Jose. He had some interesting beliefs and near the end of our discussion we asked if he would pray for us. He then expressed that he didn't really pray and explained why. We continued to teach about how important prayer was and we were very persistent in asking if he would take 5 seconds and say one simple prayer. Finally he expressed that he didn't know how to pray. We then showed him the simple steps of prayer and bore powerful testimony that Heavenly Father listens to, hears, and replies to each prayer offered by His children. It was a great learning experience being able to talk with Jose and he finally agreed to say a prayer. He offered a simple prayer of gratitude and during his prayer I was praying as intently as I could that Jose would feel the Spirit. After his prayer I could tell that he had changed a little. He was excited to be able to have us return again when we could. We left him with our phone number and he said he would certainly call us. Please pray for Jose. I believe that a miracle is only beginning to happen within his life and I know that he will need many prayers in his behalf. The spirit needs to work within him a little more. He has such an open mind that he could be led any way but I know that our Heavenly Father wants Jose to be led the best and right way. That is the way of the gospel of Jesus Christ in it's fulness. I know that this gospel is true. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and will answer our prayers individually. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I was excited to hear from Audrey but I was a little dissapointed that I wasn't able to hear from anyone else. I love you all.
Matt and Anne and David, continue to do your best. That is all that is needful and I know that Heavenly Father will bless you as you endure whatever hardships you have in faith.
Tanner, remember I love you dearly and I know that you are a great man.
Sarah, continue in what you know is right and you will never falter.
Audrey, miracles do happen according to our faith and I know that he will answer your prayers and the prayers of others. Be sure to have a open mind in truly understanding the will of our Heavenly Father and you will learn greatly.
Rebecca, never give up, never surrender. You have the power to do all that you want to do. Do not doubt your abilities and you will reach new heights in your learning. You are a daughter of God with great potential and nothing is impossible. All you need is faith.
Jeffrey, you can also do many great things. You are very very smart and you do not need to feel bad when you make a mistake. Just keep pushing forward and eventually you will break free of all that holds you down. You are one of the smartest people I know and I love you little brother.
Mom and Dad, I have Uncle Dave's address now and I will be sure to contact him soon. I love you both and I am so glad you are learning great things from Heavenly Father through this conference. I learned greatly and I know that you will always be blessed in your life as you keep the commandments of God.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen