柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I Love Christmas Time

Hello my incredible family,
Recently it has been hard to find people who are ready. We have worked on contacting as many people as possible but they are either not home or they do not answer the door. I know this week has been hard for a reason though. Because of the struggles we have had in our missionary work we are looking at how we can better ourselves and the work that we do. I am grateful for the trials that have come. They have brought a great amount of learning which enables us to reach a new level of knowledge and work in the mission. I am grateful for the love my Heavenly Father shows me by helping me become my very best. We will be working more with the bishop and I have thought of many ways in which we can plan activities to help the work in this area gain momentum and press forward. The transfer is almost over though and it has gone by quickly.

One thing I would encourage you all to do as a family is look at the lessons in Preach My Gospel and study ways in which you may simply teach the doctrines found in them. The world is getting faster and faster and people have shorter attention spans. As we work to create simple and powerful statements about the truths we hold dear our friends will learn much more than if we gave them a long deep lecture. I wish I were able to teach you all the things that I have learned today about working with members and helping them to gain motivation but I can't all at once. I will need to have patience and teach one week at a time ;).

I love you all. This coming week will be different and the next transfer will be filled with many great and new experiences. I love the gospel and I love being able to bear my testimony each Fast Sunday. As I have done so I have found that the Ward is gaining trust in the missionaries. I don't know of the last time missinaries were asked to speak in this Ward. I don't think it was recently since I have been here for about 4 months and I still hadn't been asked. But, after sharing my testimony and our showing the work that we have been doing to the Bishop one of the counselors asked if we would be able to give two talks. One next week and another on the 24th of December. I am very excited and hope and pray that I may be able to give to do as the Spirit directs in my talk on the 24th. It will only be about 5 minutes long so I will have to study hard and prepare that short and powerful message which will help all in attendance that day. I know that my Heavenly Father will guide me as I listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Jennifer hasn't been picking up her phone for a while so we haven't had any contact for about a week and a half though we have called each day. It is hard to help someone that doesn't find your help most important.

We are working to find Less Active members and part member families that we can help to teach and provide an opportunity to accept the gospel more in their lives. The work is slow right now but it will pick up as we continue to be the heat at the bottom of a pile of dry wood. We just need to find the right kindling for the fire :) I know that this gospel is true and I know that there is nothing that can stop us when we have the Lord on our side.

At this time of Christmas I am grateful for the birth of my Saviour Jesus Christ and I know that He truly did come into the world the provide a way for us to return to our Heavenly Home. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I love Christmas time!
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen