柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Let the Spirit Guide

Hello my incredible family,
Wow that is a cute puppy ;) I love being able to hear about our family happenings. This week David called and said that he had been going through some tough times and wanted to resume the missionary lessons again along with working towards another baptismal date. He is so wonderful and I am happy that he was able to see the difference the gospel made in his life and that he wants that joy back. He truly was a much happier person and I know that he will be able to make it all the way this time. He moved outside of our English area though and so other missionaries will need to make sure that he is taken care of.

It takes a lot of patience and trust to have to let David go but I know that Heavenly Father understands what is best for David. A week ago I forgot to let you all know that I have been given a new companion. Sorry. I am grateful to be with Elder Holmes and I know that Elders Christensen and Egbert will do very well in their new areas. Elder Holmes is an English speaking Elder which is a little different for me since I am used to having a companions that knows at least a little Mandarin. He didn't know any but I have taught him a few words and phrases and he learns very quickly.

Now the whole Mandarin program here in Fremont is on my shoulders and I ask that you pray a little harder for me during the next few weeks that I may forget myself and focus on my investigators. I know that Heavenly Father has already blessed my Mandarin ability greatly but I will need more as I start striving to teach alone. I am grateful for the miracles that have happened recently in our work as missionaries here in Fremont. We have found a few less active members that were off of our radar before and hope to fellowship them even more into the Ward activities. It will be great. Also we have been calling many former investigators and setting up appoinments to meet with them.

I pray now that I may rely wholly upon the Spirit in guiding me to those that I am supposed to meet now. I know that there are those who need me to teach them and I as that you pray for me to listen carefully to promptings I will receive. Mom and Dad would you be able to send me a few talks that you feel can help me at this time? I love you all very much and I know that you will be blessed through the service you render to others. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen