柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Better Than We Ever Dreamed

September 28, 2011 8:25 AM
Hello my dear family,
I love you all. Today I was able to go to the Temple :) What a wonderful experience. I have learned to appreciate the temple a great deal as I have been out on a mission for the Lord. We can only go twice a year to receive the blessings found inside of it. As I walked in I could feel a difference in my heart. I knew that I felt the presence of the Lord and that I was walking on holy ground. I enjoyed the great blessing of renewing my covenants with Heavenly Father and I learned a few things too, of course :).

I have learned a lot about how to access the power of the Atonement in our lives. As we do our best in living the commandments then we are promised that the power of the atonement will work in our lives. For "I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise" (Doctrine and Covenants 82:10). What I learned specifically is the meaning of "doing our best." As we move forward and gain greater light and knowledge we need to apply it immediately and never again live to a lower standard. As we do this the Lord is able to bless us with greater strength to accomplish His will and we are able to progress. We grow line upon line and precept upon precept and the quality of our lives progresses as our ability to act on revelation increases as well. Acting upon revelation as it comes draws us closer and closer to our Heavenly Father and in turn we are better able to accept the Atonement in our lives. I know that the atonement of Jesus Christ has true power to heal us and bring us closer to God. As we continually study the scriptures, pray, attend church, and follow the prophet we will be ae to feel Heavenly Father's presence more strongly in our lives.

I am excited for General Conference. I am excited to see what I can work on to grow in my abilities and better put on Christ. We haven't found any investigators this week but we do have an appointment with a woman who said that she would like to learn about the Book of Mormon. The woman's name is Eva and she was introduced to us a little while ago by a member. Recently Eva told the member that she would like to learn more about the Book of Mormon. We are excited to meet with her. We should see her on Thursday. I have decided to pray for two new investigators this week and I trust that the Lord will answer my prayer in His own time. I know that investigators will come I just don't know exactly when. I only hope that I can be prepared to teach them and bring them to Christ. I know that the gospel is true.

I met a sister from Taiwan today at the Temple visitor's center. It was great to be able to speak with her in Mandarin. I love being able to communicate with a culture that I have grown to love. I know that Heavenly Father has plans for each one of us. Let us be worthy to receive all of the blessings He desires to give us. They will be better than we ever dreamed. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen