柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Continually Invite Your Friends

Hello my wonderful family :)
I love you all greatly. I was able to talk with Brother Pan recently and he is doing well. He has been working hard with school and I hope that he will be able to continue in striving to find ways in which he can continually nurture the word that he has accepted. We were switched out of the Singles Ward and so I haven't been able to meet with him since his baptism. We are working all Chinese now. It is a great blessing which causes me to have to use my mandarin abilities a whole lot more than before. I haven't been great at studying the language. Let's just say that I had become comfortable with where I was, but now I see how it hurt my ability to speak and express myself even more fluently. I love being able to serve a mission. This week has been great. We don't have any investigators but we have been working hard to try and find those chinese souls who are ready and willing to learn from us. It will be an interesting few weeks as we strive to help the area climb in speed and effectiveness. There are a lot of changes that we need to make. But I know that as we are able to trust in the Lord and use our time most effectively we will be blessed to find those who truly need the gospel. I know that this gospel is true. I know that the Lord will guide us in the work and help us to find success through our efforts. In Luke 10:7 "And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house." If we study this and look at the footnotes we can learn that Jesus Christ is teaching us that we will only be paid for the effort we give. If our effort is small we cannot expect to have great blessings poured out upon us. But, if our efforts are to exhaustion then the Lord will bless us according to the work we provide. I believe and know that this principle is true. I have found that the days I work hard are the ones when I am able to receive the most blessings. On the other hand the days I work less I don't receive the same multitude of blessings which the Lord has in store for me, "the laborer is worthy of his hire." I know that only through the Atonement of Christ can we be saved and the only way to accept His atonement is through our following the true gospel of Jesus Christ and becoming a part of His kingdom here upon the earth, namely "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and I love them. I know that if we all open our mouths we will be able to receive great blessings. I would invite you to study the scriptures and look for the blessings that relate to missionary work. I know that through doing this our faith in missionary work will grow and we will desire to open our mouths to everyone. "Every member a missionary." "Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation." (Doctrine and Covenants 31:3) It is time for us all to open our mouths and proclaim the gospel. I know that we will receive blessings through doing so, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen
P.S. (I repeat myself a lot don't I) I love you all! Continually invite your friends to hear the gospel and you will find true joy :)