柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

You are All Sons and Daughters of God

Hello my stupendous family,
I am running out of adjectives to describe our family, I know that I have used a few more than once but coming up with a new one each week is hard ;)
PZY came to church this week!!! :D We were so excited that he made the decision to attend church and we had Elder Packard, the Area Seventy, "randomly" walk into church and share a few words with us. It was a great meeting. The spirit was very strong and I hope that Brother Pan paid close attention to his feelings during that meeting. We will be calling him today to see what he thought. He had to go just after Sacrament Meeting and we weren't able to catch him before he was gone. But, we are both happy that he was there. I love being on a mission and helping to serve others. We haven't had much luck with finding service opportunities in the community since a few of them you need to have certain certifications or they are outside of our mission. We are still working on finding random acts of service that we can do. It was a great week this week. We had a few days that were so full we didn't have very much time at all to think about what was happening, we just had to go from one activity to the next. Those were the best. It has been great serving with the members of our branch and I know that through service we are sanctified ( reference to one of the General Conference Talks). When we were able to meet with Brother Pan on thursday this week we invited him to a barbeque that we were having on Friday with a few members in the singles ward. He accepted and we were able to have a member drive him out there. On Saturday we went for our regular meeting with him and taught about the importance of church attendance. When we invited him to church he said that because school is out for a while he will come. Oh and a miracle that happened that day was that we had set a goal for 1 lesson with a member present and that day a member had just moved into our same apartment complex. We saw him and he asked if we needed anything. We told him that we had a lesson later that day and needed a member to come. He said that would be fine. I love miracles. Then on Sunday as I said before Brother Pan came to church and Elder Packard came and spoke. It was a great week. I love this gospel and I know that through faith in Christ, Repentance, baptism by immersion, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end we can be cleansed of sin and become perfect like our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. This week I decided to write a miracle journal. I started two days ago. I am taking time each night to be able to write down the miracles I recognize every day. I love being able to learn of the ways in which I have received blessings from Heavenly Father and my testimony of Him has been strengthened through this experience. Elder Christensen and I are working hard to find those we can teach. Also, we are working hard to teach the members we serve with how to teach. I love missionary work and I know that it is the work of the Lord. I love you all and other family and friends. You're all great Sons and Daughters of God.