柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Change of Mission President

Hello my dear family,
I love you all very much. I am excited and sad at the same time. In the next couple of weeks President and Sister Jackson will be headed home and we will be receiving a new mission president. I will miss them, but I am sure that I will enjoy working with President and Sister Watkins. This week has been another full of challenges and blessings. We found a great potential who's name is Brad. He is from Shanghai and attended an international school there. His roommate is a member named Baron. Baron said that we should stop by and introduce ourselves and so we did. We stopped by and he was wearing some shorts with a Chinese brand that Elder Christensen knew. Then they got on the topic of them both living in Shanghai and attending international schools. They had a bunch of people that they both knew. Then I heard a bunch of school names that I knew and asked if they were part of the IASAS program and Brad was just amazed to learn that we both had attended international schools in China. He was very impressed also that we spoke mandarin.

We asked if he would be interested in learning about the church and he said sure. So we will be stopping by this week helping him to learn more about how to rely upon the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We had an instant connection with him which worked out great. He has attended Youth Groups before and said that he almost became a christian but all of the sudden started to push away from religion. I ask that you pray for him to be able to grow in his knowledge of the gospel.

Brother Pan is doing alright. He started school again and so that is back on as his highest priority right now. We have finished teaching him all that we can and the choice is really up to him now. We are thinking of watching the Restoration DVD again with him so that he can again feel the importance of this grand event. Afterwards we will be working through the Baptismal Questions to be able to help him see where his testimony needs to be. Then we will just continue to pray that he will open up and share with us any concerns that he has about being baptized so that we can help him feel comfortable with his decision.

You should let dad know that I would love to go with him the next tour he has ;) I have been seeing all of these cyclists out here with amazing bikes and just wanting to be in their place. Anyway, this week we also were able to help a Less Active member in the Ward come to church again and he was very grateful. He is growing in happiness each day and I love seeing him at church. I enjoy seeing how the gospel helps others to grow in strength and character. I have seen it and I know that the gospel works if we but have the faith to experiment with it. I love you all.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen