柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Gospel Can Help us Through Any Trial

Hello my loving family,
You are all so wonderful and I want you to know that I love you dearly. You are very special to me and I thank you for the letter from Scott. I haven't been able to read it all yet but I read parts and it sounds great. I love being on a mission. I know that I am in the best place for me right now. I know that Heavenly Father can help me to overcome any challenges that I have in my life through my being willing and able to follow the commandments He has given me. I know that this is the same for everyone else. I learned recently that if we are absolutely faithful in the gospel and completely obedient Heavenly Father blesses us with the Spirit as our guide and protection. I know that the Spirit is one of the most important gifts that Heavenly Father can give us. There are many great blessings promised to those who have the Spirit of the Lord with them. As we understand these blessings we will understand more fully the importance it is to strengthen our ability to heed His council and strive to constantly be in His presence. I know that this gospel is true. We are still struggling in finding new investigators. It has been difficult for me to break away from the thought process that my mandarin isn''t very good. I know that it has improved dramatically, but I find that whenever I am complemented I feel I have to say no. I think this has played a part in my thoughts that I can't speak mandarin very well. I need to just get out and talk! You too ;) Just go out and speak the language with everyone you can. That is the best way to learn the concepts taught in your classes. I will do better :) I love you all. Recently Elder Egbert and I have felt that we really need to get in better shape. So, we have bought a few exercise things and set up some meal plans that we will follow. It should help a bit for our purposes and I know that getting into a routine of physical fitness will help me throughout my life. I was able to see Brother Pan this week. He is awesome. He has been going to church and I really have seen his trust and faith grow since I saw him last. It is amazing how quickly we grow in the gospel. I know that Heavenly Father pours out revelation upon us as we live up to His standards. I know that the gospel can help us through ANY trial and I know that there is a prophet on the earth today doing the will of the Lord. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen
P.S. You are amazing :)