柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Online helps

Hello my wonderful family,
You guys are great. I am so grateful to have you as my family here on this earth. This week, as you know, was fast Sunday and I was able to share my testimony twice. I love to share my testimony because it strengthens as I share it. I know that the same applies to all others who share their testimony as well. I would encourage you to share your testimony with as many people as possible. I don't know if the missionaries in Taiwan have shared with you about Mormon.org but I would like to let you know a little more of what it does for us. This is a great website.
I would just like to tell you about the different things that can be found on Mormon.org and ways in which it can be helpful to sharing the gospel with our friends.
At the above website you can learn about the lives of many different people around the world, their hobbies, trials, triumphs, and how they live their faith. There are great videos that share powerful spiritual messages with us. Here we can find people who have been through similar struggles or even interests as our friends and share those videos with them. This can spark their interest in learning more about the gospel.
On this website we can learn about all of the lessons that missionaries share with others. Through this we can grow in our testimonies and study again the basic doctrines of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Some people enjoy really understanding the doctrine of the scriptures and would take time to really strive to understand what it is that we believe in. They can be led to this site by a simple invitation to check out our beliefs online. If people ask questions like "Do you believe in Christ?" "What do you think happens after we die?" we can share a simple testimony such as, "I believe that we will be able to live with our families again so long as we follow what Jesus Christ has asked us to do." Then we can invite them to learn more about our beliefs on this link.
Here we can learn about the values of the church. Values found in "For The Strength of Youth" the "Young Women's Handbook" and the "Duty to God" are shown on this page along with how others can help out in it. If someone really likes our value structure and how much we care about the family we can also direct them to learning more about how they can build that same foundation in their own homes through teaching them about this site as well.
There are a few other links on the site but I know that there are some great tools we can use on these sites to share our faith with our friends. As we are able to help break down the walls of ignorance around the world we will find many willing to learn about the gospel and accept it in their lives. There are many out there just waiting to learn. "the field is white already to harvest, and lo he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not but bringeth salvation to his soul" (Doctrine and Covenants) I know that there are great blessings to be received as we share the gospel. Many of our family members have already seen these blessings through serving missions, but they can be constant throughout our lives if we just put forth the faith and effort God desires. I know that this gospel is true and that it changes lives. Brother Pan has said that he will get baptized when he finds out that the book of Mormon is true and this shows great improvement. I thank you all for your many prayers and I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen