柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm grateful for the Plan of Salvation

Hello my amazing family,
I was skimming through the letter and I heard the news about Uncle Bob. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and for the blessings we receive through the temple for our families. I was able to teach about Eternal Families just yesterday in the Gospel Principles class and shared my testimony many times about the joy my family has been and the knowledge that I have that we can be together forever. I feel this was a great blessing that prepared me for the news today. I am sure that we will be able to see our dear Uncle Bob again. I am sure that he has been brought into a new world with an entire famliy waiting for him. His parents were there, ready and waiting to welcome him home. I know that we will see him again we just need to be patient.

This week we had another two lessons with Brother Pan, in the first lesson he had shown a very big change in his demeanor. He was humble and as we taught he was looking for the peace that comes from the Holy Ghost. He actually said that he would follow the Word of Wisdom when most of the time when we invite him to follow a commandment he says, "But I am not a mormon yet." We both felt that the lesson went a lot better than before. On Saturday we went back and he was back to his older self of being a little off topic but the lesson went okay. We have some great plans for the next week and we are hoping that Brother Pan will continue to learn and grow. Please pray that he will be sincere in his search for peace and pray that he may know the truth of the Book of Mormon. He says that when he knows our message is true he will be baptized and so we only need to help him find that answer.
We have many other goals this week that we hope to help us in our finding of new investigators. It has been a while and we have felt a little down about not finding any new investigators but we know that through our faith blessings will come. I ask for your prayers in helping me to have the strength to work continually. I am grateful for my knowledge of the Savior. I have started again in my reading of "Jesus the Christ" and it has been quite refreshing. I feel that I learn greatly the importance of the Savior. I learned this week the in John 1:31-33 John the Baptist testifies of Christ being the one who baptizes with the Holy Ghost. I thought of that and talked with my companion and I thought it was interesting how the Holy Ghost is what sanctifies us. The Holy Ghost brings the baptism of fire. The one who had authority to baptize with the Holy Ghost was Jesus Christ. I thought of when we are confirmed as a member of the church and we are commanded to receive the Holy Ghost. In Doctrine and Covenants 84:33-41, it talks about the oath and covenant of the Priesthood and how if we receive the priesthood we then receive the sanctification of the Spirit. Then if we receive the Spirit we receive Christ, and if we receive Christ we receive the Father, etc. This means that we can alternate the order a little bit and say that if we receive Jesus Christ then we also receive the Spirit because He is the one with the power to baptize us with the Holy Ghost. Just a little food for thought. I love reading in "Jesus the Christ" I also love reading in Preach My Gospel. It is like mining. As I read Jesus the Christ I learn a great deal and then as I read Preach My Gospel I am able to take those things I learn and relate them back to the foundation of simplicity found in the gospel and in a sense refine the doctrines. I love the gospel and I am grateful to be able to learn about my Lord and Savior through studying the scriptures.
I love you all.
-Jeff, I love you too little brother. You are awesome and I know that you have been blessed to have such wonderful parents. Remember to always listen to their counsel and follow their examples for that is how I became the brother I am today.
-Rebecca, I am glad to hear that you were able to drive the car okay. You are so talented and full of excitement. I am grateful for your example to me as well. You never give up and you know that the gospel is true. You are a beautiful daughter of God. I love you.
-Audrey, I hope that EFY goes well for you this week. I know you won't get this letter until after EFY but I just want to let you know that you are amazing and I love being able to hear about the many things that you accomplish. I love you.
-Sarah, "don't worry, just be happy". You can trust in the Lord because He stays true to His word. You can know that the gospel is true because it was given to us by our loving Heavenly Father. If you want to know how honest he is just read the scriptures. That is what they are for. Look for prophecies and how they were fulfilled, look for commandments and how those who follow them are blessed, then, look for how Heavenly Father has done those things in your life. There are blessings and consequences that come from our decisions each day. Just look for the blessings and your life will be filled with joy.
-Matt, Anne, Tanner and Ali, I thank you for your letter. I love you both and I know that families are where we build the future. Families are where our children can learn of faith, hope, charity, love to allow them to found their lives on the gospel of Christ. Children learn from the examples of their parents. Look at the 2000 Stripling Warriors and how they learned from their parents and their parents learned from the grandparents. There was a foundation of faith already set to allow these 2000 young men to have the faith and character they did. I know that you are each great examples to those around you and to your children (those who have them ;) ). I love you all.
-Mom and Dad, thank you for your examples to me. I only have the strength of character that I have today because you showed it to me. I love you both and I know that there is no calling more rewarding than parenthood.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen