柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Huge Smile on My Face

Hello my magnificent family,
I love you all greatly and thank you for your many prayers on my behalf. I know that Heavenly Father has placed me here for a reason and desires that I will be able to be my best. I have been working on that a lot. I love being able to work hard and yet there are times in which it is hard work ;) Right now we are in a situation where we are working hard mainly to fill our time with productive activities. The area is moving somewhat slowly in comparison to others but I know that as Elder Egbert and I work hard together we will be blessed to see success from our labors. I am happy with the successes that I have been blessed with. There have been times of doubt and discouragement but through all of the trials I remember most the wonderful days of others coming unto Christ. Sister Liu was able to be baptized and has been a strong member through her many trials. She has been able to go to church as often as possible for her situation and I know that the Lord has blessed her for it. She was baptized the first week I was out on my mission. Brother Jin was baptized and he has been able to baptize his friend into the gospel and pass the sacrament in church. David was baptized and has been able to completely overcome his addiction to smoking and find a way to make money off of something he loves to do. Justin Zhang was able to be baptized after moving back to Boston. I am sure that he feels now the peace that he has been searching for. Most recently, Brother Pan was able to be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. I have seen him change dramatically throughout the course of our teaching him and I know that his desire to have the Holy Ghost will be a great drive for him to always follow the commandments of the Lord. He is a strong member and I hope that he will be able to share his knowledge with his family.
Each of these experiences have been wonderful. They have been filled with great joy and happiness. I can't help but have a huge smile on my face when I think of or see these people striving to do their best to follow Christ, even after the missionaries that taught them have gone. I know that they understand they are following Christ and I trust that Heavenly Father will continue to hold them in His hands and care for them. We can all be successful as we are able to follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Have Faith, Repent, be Baptized, Receive the Holy Ghost, and Endure to the End through constant repetition of these principles. I know that this gospel is true. I have seen it work in the lives of others to make them happy. Also, this gospel is only made possible through the Atonement of Christ. Only through the Atonement are we able to be releived of the chains of any and all weaknesses to allow our progression towards becoming like our Heavenly Father. I know the Atonement is real and has power to heal, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen