柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Monday, September 19, 2011

Big Family History Activity

Hello my incredible family :)
I am so happy to hear about your week. I remember fifth grade camp at TAS it is a lot of fun. I am happy to hear about Jeff and his choosing to play the trumpet. Keep up the good work practicing kiddo ;) I like Mr. Abernathy too.
Sarah :) You're great and don't worry too much about the diagnosis. I know that Heavenly Father has put this trial in your life for a reason and He knows that in the end it will turn out to be seen as a blessing. I have had many trials in my life and I thank my Heavenly Father for each one of them. The trials I have faced have always led to my drawing closer to Heavenly Father and understanding even more the Atonement and how it works in my life.
I am excited for Matt and Anne. I remember just last week to have thought about her being pregnant. I thought, "Wait a minute I have been in Pleasanton for about 7 months and I remember being back in Fremont when I was told the good news." I figured she was due pretty soon. Congratulations. I am excited for you both.
Tanner and Ali, keep up the great work. Remember that the Lord desires to lift our burdens and make them light. "And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord." (Mosiah 24:15) I love the Lord and I know that He is ever watchful of His children. I love you both as well.
What a great week. I loved seminary. This week I was able to bear my testimony about it and I found that in reading my scriptures the promise that mom made to her students came true. As I attended seminary my burdens were lifted. The power of the word of God is tremendous and it does gives us the strength we need to accomplish our daily tasks.

This week I was able to go do service and started talking to a woman there. I told her where I was from, Hong Kong, and she looked inquisitive. She said, "Did you attend an EFY in Fresno?" I said, "Yes."
"Did you have a roommate named Pace?"
(Suprised look) "Yes."
"No way, I'm his mom!"
It turns out that Pace is going on a mission on September 25th to Bazil. She asked me what words of wisdom I could give him. I said that the best way to prepare for a mission is through sharing your testimony. Through the baring of testimony ours is strengthened and others are able to feel the Spirit which testifies of truth. It was great to see her and she showed me a picture of him :) I love connections.
This week we were given permission to think outside the box with our area. President Watkins really wants to give us all that we need to move this area forward. I am excited we have made a few new ideas and will present those to him soon. We found a family last week from Beijing. They are cool and wanted to know how to become christians. Unfortunately, they leave tomorrow to go back to Beijing until March or April. We will be stopping by their house again today to try and see them off with a Book of Mormon and maybe some DVDs. We were able to get their email though and will do our best to keep in contact with them. Still no new investigators but a lot of potential. We need to find out how we can help the potentials become new investigators.

There is a big activity coming up that our branch is putting on. It is a family history seminar with someone from the Salt Lake Genealogical Library coming to talk about how to do Chinese family history on-line. We are excited for that too. We have high hopes that there will be a lot of people and that we may find many people who desire to learn more about the gospel and how it works with family history. This should be a great event and I ask for your prayers to help it along :) This is the Lord's work and I know that it will press forward in every language and among all people in the San Jose Mission and around the world. I know that God lives and that this is His church. I know that Jesus Christ accomplished the Atonement for us and lives this day as testimony that all He has been asked to do is complete. I know that the gospel heals lives. I know the Book of Mormon is true and contains the Word of God. There is power in the word of which I testify, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,