柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Through Music we are able to Reach Heaven

Hello my wonderful family,
We are still having a hard time but we have been blessed to see some light at the end of the tunnel. We are working and we were introduced to a chinese family living here in Pleasanton. We invited the wife to our Wednesday English Classes so that she can practice and learn English and the members invited them to make us dinner ;) I am excited for that day. The wife is from north east China and so she makes the best dumplings :D (At least that is what she told me ;) ). I love the Chinese people. Their culture is amazing.

This week was Stake Conference and I learned a great deal about what I can do to overcome the challenges that I am having in my life right now. I know that Heavenly Father constantly watches over his children and knows exactly what they need. As we have the Holy Ghost we are never left in the dark, so long as we listen. I know that Heavenly Father talks to us individually through His Spirit and through His servants. Those servants can be prophets, apostles or regular church members called to give a talk. Through that calling they are given authority to receive revelation for their audience and I know that there were many great things taught to me. Now, I simply need to apply it. I know that as we receive revelation and act on revelation we will be blessed and progress in the gospel.

I was also able to sing in the Stake Choir. It reminded me how much I love to sing and help others to learn of the power of music through my performance. I know that through music we are able to reach Heaven and bring it to the hearts of those who listen. I am glad to hear that all is going well and I am grateful for your constant efforts on my behalf. I know that this gospel is true. We don't have anyone we are teaching now, but we do have a lot of potential. I know that through our efforts Heavenly Father will bless us, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Sincerely,
Elder Christensen