柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

柯 长老 (aka Elder Christensen)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Let Us All be on the Side that We Know is Best

Hello my incredible family,
I love you all very much and I am ever grateful for your devotion to the Lord. I thank you for your examples of faith and commitment. I know that Heavenly Father blesses us according to our faith. If we are faithful the blessings of our Father can, and will, be poured out upon us and we will be able to receive great light. I know that through our diligence and obedience to the commandments we are worthy to receive the great blessings God has in store for us. This week we were able to meet a family of four. They are a great family! The mother really wants her sons to become the best they can through learning about Jesus Christ. We hope to help her in this goal. The father is a fun guy. They were able to go to Stake Conference and a Chinese Potluck with a family last week. We met them there and then this week we stopped by on Saturday. We were able to talk a little bit about the church and invite them to come. They came, and had a good time. The mother said she would come to church each week. She was a little embarassed about her kids being restless in the meeting (they didn't make any noise though :) ) but I think she enjoyed it. It was a special witness to me that all we had talked about the night before was testified of during the Sunday meetings. I can see that our Heavenly Father is revealing to others what the family needs in church. I prayed all throughout sacrament meeting that they would have a spiritual experience. I think that my prayers were answered. They are the Shi Family. I hope that this week we will be able to start working with them in their progression towards baptism.

This past Saturday Keeler was baptized! It was great to see him and his devotion to Heavenly Father. I know that Keeler is a special Son of God with a great work to do. I was blessed to be a part of the service. I sang a little. Keeler's friend Andy, who is also a recent convert, baptized him. I miss working with the faithful singles, but I am grateful to continue the work of the Lord alongside the Chinese Branch here in Pleasanton. I know that they have strong testimonies and I am grateful for their examples of faith and diligence as well in pushing forward the work of the Lord. I know that this work will not stop until it has sounded in every ear and touched every heart in a way that all may make their choice of Eternal Life or Eternal Death. Let us all be on the side which we know is best. I know that Heavenly Father lives. I know that Jesus Christ is His Son. I know that Joseph Smith was called as prophet to establish the Lord's church upon the earth. I know that the scriptures are true and that the Book of Mormon is the Keystone of our religion. I know that God watches over His children, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Sincerely,